While we are aware of the current COVID-19 issues and best practices for safe measures, we are optimistic that we will see hockey in the fall. At this point our direction from our regulating bodies (Hockey Canada and Sask Hockey) has been to prepare for business as usual, however, recognizing that likely it will not be a normal season. We would like to assure you that we are considering and planning for various possibilities for the upcoming season. At this time, we are not certain of any dates or required safety measures that will be implemented, but we wish for families to have as many options as feasibly possible to register and pay the registration fees. Due to the nature of hockey, we are not able to just wait and see what happens.
Registration information time lines:
We know members will be wondering what will happen with regards to refunds if necessary. If the season is delayed or adjusted, fees will be adjusted accordingly, understandably we won’t know what this will look like at this time.
We are continuing to monitor the status of safety policies and laws around COVID-19. We are in consistent communication with the City and Evraz Place. As we become aware of confirmed information, we will notify our membership.
We believe we will have hockey this fall, and our planning and preparation requires that we stay on track as best we can with registration, so we are ready to start the season once the go ahead is received.
If you have any questions please contact the HRI office 306-949-2577.