Novice/Atom Goaltending Jamboree
As part of Hockey Canada's focus on improving goaltending, Hockey Regina is pleased to announce the third annual Novice/Atom Goaltending Jamboree.
Open to all Novice and 1st year Atom players, including both declared goalies, and those who just wish to try the position out. Older players that are considering making the switch to goaltending are also welcome
Attendees will experience expert instruction and gain knowledge and skills in a formal training environment. Parents will gain greater appreciation and insight into the position with a 1 hour goaltending presentation.
Player wanting to try out goaltending
- Goaltending equipment (chest/arm protector, goalie gloves, leg pads) and sticks will be available "try it out" kids.
- "Try it out" attendees still require their own helmet/cage, neck guard, hockey pants, cup and garter, hockey socks and large jersey. Regular hockey skates are perfectly fine at this age.
- "Try it out" goalies will need to pick up loaner equipment from HRI equipment room at 2 possible dates prior to the jamboree to get sized up with gear, and then return the gear afterwards. The equipment pick up dates will be sent out.
- Attendance is strongly encouraged for all players who have declared goaltending as their position already
- It is assumed that declared goalies have all equipment already (whether their own or HRI equipment)
- Participants are required to "bring a buddy" as a shooter. This can be a sibling, parent, friend, coach, etc. Parents should take note of the learning opportunity below. Buddy's will receive a complimentary drink.
- Parents can sign up as a "on ice apprentice/shooting buddy" and gain knowledge and experience in real life on ice practice situations that can help in the future if they choose to become a goalie coach
- As per SHA regulations everyone on the ice must be wearing a CSA helmet with the chin strap securely fastened, this includes shooting buddies, instructors, volunteers and participants.
- Saturday September 14th, 12:00 - 16:45 at the Co-operators Centre
- Each session 1 hour 15 minutes on ice instruction.
- Following the on-ice session, parents will attend a 1 hour off-ice information session to help them understand goaltending. Discussion will include, sources for drills, HRI goaltending experts, SHA goalie clinics for parents/coaches, local goalie schools, equipment, etc, and any questions that may come up.
- A local retailer will be on site to showcase the latest equipment from some of the leading equipment suppliers.
To register CLICK HERE
Contact: Mark Burton <Development@hockeyregina.ca> for more information